1. Never, ever, ever, in all sixty-four Animorphs
books. That's arguably
an exaggeration, but it's pretty small. Small for an exaggeration. Sorry, I'm having some small trouble typing right now because I just smoked for the first time since Monday* (to get fucking specific: the 22nd, the day after Father's Day, five days ago), so I'm both inspired and uncoordinated.
2. When it was officially announced that Equestria Girls
was officially a thing that Hasbro was going to actually do, and that it officially boiled down to "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as human Magical Girls because, hey, why not
and we wanna make some Monster High amounts of money, please
" . . . well, honestly, I was okay with it, because I had hope that it might give us one thing:
A transformation scene.
Not, as it turned out, just a transformation scene (if there is such a thing as "just" a transformation scene; they're pretty much always kind of a big deal), either, oh no! What they gave us was an epic transformation scene in which Twilight Sparkle takes her time explaining to the villain exactly why she's
going to lose because they
have The Magic of Friendship, which is "the most powerful magic of all."
Which is so completely fantastic, when you think about it, because this spells things out for us: The Magic of Friendship isn't just for Ponies. The Magic of Friendship isn't limited to Equestria. The Magic of Friendship can redeem anybody.
Also, there's canon
Pony Techno.Honesty + Kindness + Laughter + Generosity + Loyalty = MAGIC
3. YouTube is being distinctly unhelpful on this one, but all seven seasons of Greatest TV Show of All Time are available on Netflix, so you can watch 4x21, "Primeval," whenever the fuck you want. Or, I guess I could just summarize it for you now, since that is pretty much the point of this list. Heh. Anyway, Adam is this big smart powerful crazy murderific scientist demon who is made out of parts of other demons. Yes, like Frankenstein. The thing that finally kills him is a spell that psychically links Buffy with Xander, Giles, and Willow. Because she can't defeat him alone, you see? Which is fucking epic, because they've spent the season growing further and further apart (which, by the way, happens even though Buffy & Willow, who have always been the
most connected emotionally, are now roommates), and I cry like a bitch every time.
Also, I always enjoy a good Science vs. Magic story where Science loses.
4. The season one finale of Sailor Moon
. Oh my gush. I can't even talk about it, so instead I'll share this awesome "Carry On" video.
I'm particularly fond of the idea that
"Only together we face the fight
Nothing can stand against our might"
5. There are tons of times The Magic of Friendship saves the day in the Magical Girl series I haven't written yet
Fun Fact: I bought Nefera, my first Monster High doll* EVER, because she got me thinking about one of the Big Bads, who is an alien vampire fairy goddess (I swear, it will make sense in context!) immortal Regina George character.
She's not really a vampire. She doesn't drink blood, but she does suck the life out of people . . . somehow. And use it to extend her own life indefinitely slash forever.
6. There are zero times The Magic of Friendship saves the day on The Vampire Diaries
.Trust me, I know.
7. Why did I say thirteen? I'm tired and I'm hungry and I wanna read the new issue of Jem. This has been fun, but I can always finish it later.
*Because there are other ways to kick Depression's ass, that's why.